To get started please email or call for an appointment: 845-255-1200.
Active Release Techniques:
Active Release Techniques (ART) is a patented soft tissue treatment system invented by Colorado Springs, CO Chiropractor Mike Leahy. It is a form of deep tissue work that involves the muscles, tendons, fascia (covers muscle), ligaments, and nerves. It is used to treat acute or chronic injuries, repetitive strain injury and nerve entrapments like carpal tunnel syndrome, and sciatica. ART is also used before and after surgery to reduce scar tissue formation and build up.
What conditions can ART help?
ART can alleviate headaches, TMJ pain, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, wrist pain, hand pain, thumb pain, hip pain, knee pain, calf pain, ankle pain, and foot pain. ART also works on common injuries like; ITB Syndrome, Runners Knee, Shin Splints, Plantar Fasciitis, Rotator Cuff Injuries, Golfer’s and Tennis Elbow, Piriformis Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and Sciatica. ART also can remove scar tissue build up after surgery, and scar tissue build up from joint replacements, instead of going through painful and risky Manupulations under Anesthesia.
How does ART work?
ART works to break up and remove scar tissue deep within and between muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. ART treatment is a hands on treatment where the doctor contacts the injured muscle, joint, ligament, or nerves with his thumb or fingers, the tissue is then shortened and moved through a range of motion while a tension is held over the injured structure. This breaks up the scar tissue while reducing pain and improving range of motion.
How long will it take?
The average number of ART treatments for all conditions ranges between 6-15 visits per condition depending on severity and duration of symptoms. Typically treatments are 10-15 minutes
long, and patients should bring shorts for lower back, hip, knee, ankle or foot injuries. For neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries a tank top is recommended.
Golf Fitness Exam
The Golf Fitness Evaluation performed by Titleist Performance Institute certified Dr. David Ness, is a physical screening process that is used to identify a player’s physical limitations in strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.<more>
Additional services available at Performance Sports & Wellness:
- Non Surgical Chiropractic Spinal Decompression using the Triton DTS decompression table. This therapy is for the pain associated with herniated cervical and lumbar disc, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and arthritis.
- Power Plate Acceleration Training system. This therapy uses exercise against vibration to improve strength, stamina, and balance.
- Low Level Laser therapy for the treatment of tendonitis, sprains, and strains.
- Massage Therapy, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, and Lymph Drainage.
- Acupuncture with Bill Weinstein, L.Ac.
- Personal Training/Triathlon Training with Dorothy Hamburg, MS