Cold Laser – Low Level Laser therapy is for the treatment of tendonitis, tendonosis, ligament sprains and tears, muscle strains and tears, and for pain from herniated discs in the neck or back. Using low level light emitting diodes or lasers, laser therapy uses light to stimulate healing and relieve pain in injured muscles, ligaments, discs, nerves, tendons, and joints.
Using a hand held wand like a Ultrasound wand the laser is placed on the injured structure and held there for 30 seconds to a few minutes. Light waves penetrate through the layers of the skin to the injured structure where the light waves are absorbed. This stimulates the cells to repair tissue damage which can reduce pain, and decrease swelling.
Cold laser treatments are effective for the following conditions:
- Neck Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain, rotator cuff strains
- Elbow Pain, golfer’s and tennis elbow
- Wrist Pain, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand Pain, DeQuervain’s syndrome
- Hip Pain, bursitis, hamstring strains, hip flexor strains
- Knee Pain, runner’s knee, jumper’s knee, quad strains, ITB pain
- Ankle Pain, achilles pain
- Foot Pain, plantar fasciitis
Cold laser is a non – invasive therapy and has it has very few side effects. Studies have show laser has been effective in treating numerous conditions including lower back pain. To view a study reviewing the latest research click here.
Call 845-255-1200 to schedule an appointment or click here to be redirected to our secure online patient registration.